THETRAN KOTTAI USES
Botanical Name : Strychnos potatorum
English Name :Clearing Nut
Tamil Name : தேற்றான் கொட்டை / Thetran Kottai
Hindi Name : समाशोधन अखरोट , निर्मली / samaashodhan akharot, Nirmali
Malayalam Name : റ്റെട്ടാംപാറൽ / Tettamparal
Telugu Name : చిల్లగింజ / Chillachettu
About Thetran Kottai ( Clearing Nut ):-
The clearing nuts of India are the product of a tree which is described as larger than that of the nux vomica. It is without thorns or tendrils; leaves very shortly petioled, elliptic, acute, glabrous, membranaceous, five- and almost penninerved; corymbs axillary, opposite, shorter than the leaf;
Internal Benefits of Thetran Kottai ( Clearing Nut ):-
- The powder of Thethankottaiseeds is given in a dose of 3-4 g to treat indigestion and diarrhea.
- The decoction of the seeds is given in a dose of 40-50 ml to treat renal calculi and difficulty in micturition.
- The decoction of the seeds of Thethankottaiwith Curcuma longa (Haridra) helps in reducing and controlling the blood sugar level.
- The decoction of the seed of Thethankottaiis useful to treat cases of poisoning.
- The powder of the seed with honey or the decoction of the seed is consumed in a dose of 40-0 ml to treat jaundice, rhinitis and swelling due to anemia..
External Benefits of Thetran Kottai ( Clearing Nut ):-
- External wound
- Eye care
- Skin care
How to Consume Thetran Kottai ( Clearing Nut ) Internally:-
Morning – Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Thetran Kottai ( Clearing Nut ) Externally:-
- The powder of the seed is mixed with appropriate quantity of honey and applied over wound for better healing of it.
- The seeds of Thethankottaipaste is applied as collyrium to treat various eye diseases.
- The paste of the root of Thethankottaiis applied over the skin area affected with eczema.